Here are my top five favorite suggestions for inexpensive summer fun.
Whether you’re a naturally outdoorsy person or have simply been looking for excuses to get outside this summer, the Jacksonville area has a wealth of options. Here are five fun, inexpensive ways to make the most of your summer with your family:
1. Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. The Shrimp play from Tuesday to Sunday, and Thursday is Family Night, where you can get discounted tickets. If you’re into baseball or just love the fun environment of the game, I encourage you to check them out.
2. Riverside Arts Market. Open on Saturday mornings, the Riverside Arts Market is free to enter. Here, you can enjoy locally made artworks, fresh produce, crafts, and live music.
3. 1st Place Sports. If you’re an active person or a seasoned runner, 1st Place Sports has all the gear you need to keep you going. They also sponsor several fun runs throughout the year. Entry to one of these runs typically costs anywhere from $30 to $40, and they’re great activities for the whole family.
“Take a guided tour through Catty Shack Ranch to appreciate the beauty of rescued big cats from all over the world.”
4. Jacksonville Zoo. If you’re an animal-lover like me, you’ll love the Jacksonville Zoo. Tickets are typically around $35, and they host all sorts of fun events throughout the year.
5. Catty Shack Ranch. This is a non-profit, big cat sanctuary home to tigers, lions, pumas, and other cats that have been rescued from all over the world. You can take a guided tour through the facility to appreciate the beauty of these animals.
We’re blessed to have so many great ways to enjoy the outdoors near us. If you would like more suggestions for summer activities near Jacksonville or have any questions, give me a call or send me an email. I’d love to hear from you.